Woollahra Sailing Club acknowledges that we are on the land of the Birrabirragal people, the traditional custodians of the land. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Home / Learn to Sail / Tackers (Kids 7 - 11) / Tackers 3
Tackers 3 is the last step in the Tackers Pathway and is suitable for sailors who have met the Tackers 2 competencies are are comfortable sailing upwind and downwind solo in the boat. In Tackers 3 sailors learn how to sail fast and how to adjust the sails depending on the wind. Tackers 3 also has an introduction to racing concepts.
The Tackers pathway includes:
- Tackers 1 is the first level of Tackers and is perfect for kids with little or no experience in sailing. Tackers 1 Sailors begin by sailing in pairs and learning the basics of sailing and boat safety.
- Tackers 2 is the second level of Tackers and is designed to build on skills from Tackers 1 and transition sailors into sailing by themselves.
- Tackers 3 is the third level of Tackers and is focused on learning how to sail fast through games and adventure on the water.
After Tackers, sailors are able to transition into a number of different programs depending on their goals, age and size:
- Green Adventure and Green Fleet for kids 8 to 12.
- Teens OutThere Sailing for 12 to 17 years
- Race Squad
Last updated 18:13 on 22 May 2023