Woollahra Sailing Club acknowledges that we are on the land of the Birrabirragal people, the traditional custodians of the land. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Adults Learn to Sail
We cater for all levels with our learn-to-sail (and windsurf) options. Continue your sailing adventure!
As well as lots of learn-to-sail options for beginners, we have programs starting soon for teenagers and adults who have completed some basic training: "WSC Pacer Pathway Program" and the more advanced WSC Pacer RacerProgram
We regularly host Basic Skills of Sailing Information evenings. We invite you to join us meeting fellow community members, club members and staff to discover the sailing pathways and what WSC has to offer: We will cover a range of topics to help you understand more about sailing and the options to continue your sailing journey. The invitation is open to anyone interested in learning more about sailing.
"Basics of Sailing" evenings run monthly. To check out the upcoming dates and times and to RSVP please click here for our social events calendar
Try Sailing Day WSC hosts "Try Sailing Days" for your friends and family who may be interested in sailing. Everyone welcome. Come and enjoy power boat rides, family Pacer, adult Pacer and children's Optimist short sailing experiences.
WSC host these events monthly, to find out when our next Try Sailing Event is on or to register Try Sailing Dates and Register
We are keen to help everyone experience the fun and excitement of sailing. You can start at any age and with its sheltered waters, Rose Bay is the perfect place to learn to sail a boat or windsurf.
Find out about our "Adult Learn to Sail"options and continue your sailing adventure!
All lessons are run by qualified Australian Sailing instructors and the squads by experienced instructors. Our courses follow the syllabus from Australian Sailing to deliver courses and recognised accreditation. The courses provide students with skills and knowledge to safely and competently sail or windsurf in moderate weather conditions. Bring clothes you don't mind getting wet, a towel and change of clothes. If you have a wetsuit, great, if not don't worry, we have some extra gear. Shoes (and a hat) are compulsory.
Private lessons are a great way to get personalised attention and make quick progress. You can start your sailing or windsurf journey with a private lesson, a group of four private lessons or through our adult group training sessions.
- One off private lesson. Our adult Taster Program is one or more private lessons for an individual or a pair of participants. Price: $215 per person or $290 ($145pp) for two people. Lessons are two hours and online learning resources are provided.
- Set of four private lessons. Our Basic Skills package covers sailing/windsurfing fundamentals and aims at getting you on the water independently. Basic Skills lessons can be purchased for an individual or a pair of participants. Price: $735 per person or $970 ($485pp) for two people. This provides four x 2-hour lessons and online learning resources are provided.
- Adult group sessions. These sessions run all year round are booked in 5 week blocks, running on the weekends. They are provided to people who have completed the Basic Skills program or pass a Dinghy Competency assessment. Programs include "WSC Pacer Pathway Program" and the more advanced "WSC Pacer Racer Program" which gives and introduction to club racing
- Family lessons. Take lessons with your children! in either a Pacer dinghy. This is 4 x 2hr lessons are offered on a flexible schedule. Please ensure you have a confirmed lesson before coming to the club:
to register your interest and organise a lesson. [email protected]
Learn to sail on your own:
The program designed to get you sailing on your own is called the Pacer Pathway Program. Continue your sailing adventure with the WSC Pacer Pathway Program which aims to get you sailing confidently on your own. We will have an information session and 5 on-water sessions on Sundays 9.00am to 11.30am. Our goal is to inspire you to aim for racing in our club racing or to cruise to Manly.
Learn to race:
- Race Skills Squad on Sunday mornings is a stepping stone to club racing and membership
- Coached Racing Squad. Progress from Race Skills Squad to Coached Racing on Sunday afternoons - Club racing is held on Sunday afternoons. This is open to all members who have either completed the race skills squad program, moved up from the Opti advanced squad, has prior racing experience or has been assessed as ready by one of our club instructors. If you are not sure whether this is for you, please get in touch.
More information here on the "Race Skills Squad" and "Coached Racing Squad" here
Link for booking: Book now
Last updated 18:15 on 1 March 2024