Data Collection policy
1. Woollahra Sailing Club contact details
2 Vickery Ave
Pannerong (Rose Bay)
2. The fact and circumstances of collection:
How: Information for membership, customer, and competitor registration is generally collected directly from the person to whom it relates through whichever registration process is used, including paper forms and online data entry . In some circumstances personal information is collected from parents or guardians if the person is under 18 years of age. Woollahra Sailing Club may also collect or receive information about you from Australian Sailing.
When: For the purposes of this collection of information notice, personal information is collected at the time in which an individual registers to: become a member of the Club, use products and services offered by the Club, or to compete at an event organised by or hosted at the Club.
3. What information is collected:Information that Woollahra Sailing Club may collect include:
- Postal address;
- Date of birth;
- Phone number; and
Woollahra Sailing Club may also collect other personal and health information required for the effective management and administration of the Club and associated programmes.
4. The purposes of collection:
Woollahra Sailing Club collects personal information in order to carry out its functions, including to provide products and services and enable participation in activities and events of Woollahra Sailing Club and Australian Sailing, its affiliates and clubs. Woollahra Sailing Club may collect, hold and use your personal information for the purposes listed below:
- To verify your identity;
- Complete background checks;
- Research, develop, run, administer and market competitions, programs, activities and other events relating to Sailing or other sports;
- Research, develop and market products, services, merchandise and special offers made available by us and third parties including but not limited to Australian Sailing, other sailing associations or our licensees, suppliers and sponsors;
- Respond to emergency situations involving or requiring medical treatment;
- Administer, manage and provide you with access to your Woollahra Sailing Club and Australian Sailing profile;
- and Keep you informed of news and information relating to various Woollahra Sailing Club, Australian Sailing or other Sailing events, activities and opportunities via various mediums.
5. Consequences if personal information is not collected:
By not providing requested information and/or asking to not be identified, you may jeopardise your ability to become a member and participate in programs, events or competitions. If it is impracticable for Woollahra Sailing Club to deal with you as a result of you not providing the requested information or consent, Woollahra Sailing Club may refuse to do so.
6. Usual disclosures of personal information of the kind collected by the entity:Woollahra Sailing Club may disclose your personal information to a range of national and overseas organisations which include, but are not limited to:
- Australian Sailing and affiliates and other organisations involved in Sailing and sporting programs in Australia;
- Our member associations and clubs;
- Companies we engage to carry out functions and activities on Woollahra Sailing Club's behalf, including direct marketing;
- Our professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Our insurers; and
- Relevant sporting bodies such as, but not limited to, Australian Sailing, World Sailing, Australian Sports Commission, Australian Olympic Committee, Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, Australian Institute of Sport, State and Territory Institutes and Academies of Sport, Australian Commonwealth Games Association, various National Sporting bodies, Federal and State Departments of sport. Australian Sailing may also disclose your personal information (including your name, age, gender, city of residence, Sailing club, personal profile, photographs of you and your results) to the national or overseas media and through our physical and digital applications and publications (including our website, social media, emails and newsletters) that are available for public viewing.
7. Updates and Complaints:
- you may access, update or request a correction of your personal information; and
- you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, and any such complaint will be addressed.
Last updated 03:27 on 16 June 2022