Woollahra Sailing Club acknowledges that we are on the land of the Birrabirragal people, the traditional custodians of the land. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
29er and 49er Programs at WSC
Published 23:52 on 19 May 2022
9er Programs at WSC!
The club is keen to encourage 9er class development at the club. WSC, in partnership with the 9er association is hosting programs for Term 2 and coming up in the future.
For Term 2 - WSC and the 9er associate are both hosting 29er programs - One being an Intro to 29er, and the other being skills development for already experienced 29er sailors.
Objectives of the Program
- Provide a pathway for sailors transitioning from other classes into 29er, without the need to purchase a boat and or find a crew member.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment
- Matching potential skippers and crews
- Encouraging sailors to purchase a 29er
- Develop the basic skills necessary to be a competent 29er sailor that covers
- Rigging and derigging a 29er
- How to right a capsize 29er
- Launching and retrieving 29er
- Gybing and Tacking
- Upwind and downwind sailing
WSC & RPAYC - 8 Sessions $396 + $75 NSW 9er Membership for 20/21 (Normally $95.00)
Last updated 04:53 on 23 November 2022