Here’s the weekly round up from your club.
NSW Government water restrictions – from June 1st
The restrictions have been introduced by the NSW Government to protect Sydney’s water supply from drought conditions and will be in effect from June, 1st.
Under the Level 1 water restrictions residents and businesses are not able to:
- use standard sprinklers and watering systems at any time
- leave hoses running unattended
- wash vehicles and buildings with a hose that isn’t fitted with a trigger nozzle or high pressure cleaning equipment
- clean hard surfaces such as paths, driveways and paved areas with a hose as part of general clean.
Water restrictions are enforceable and penalties apply. Fines of $220 will apply to individuals and $550 for businesses who don’t follow the restrictions. There will be a three-month grace period before fines apply. More info on https://bit.ly/1MfkauC
Learn to sail a 29er at WSC
When: Sundays from July 28 to Sept 19th – 9.30AM/2.30PM
email@example.com – Michael Giffney 0407 433 301
Price: $570.00 for 10 week-program
The NSW 9er Association run a skiff skills program with the aim to transition sailors into the 29er, to teach rigging and derigging, righting a capsize, launching and retrieving a 29er, trapezing, gybling and tacking, using the spinnaker and sailing fast.
– 8 sailors rotating through two boats over 4h period;
– Off and On water training;
– Don’t need a boat or crew;
– Open to all experienced dinghy sailors;
– Qualified & experienced skiff coaches.
WSC sailing programs
Registrations are still open for our unique sailing programs full of fun and sun =)
This weekend sailing activities
Opti Performance training – Saturday: 1pm – 3:30pm
Tackers – Saturday 12pm-3pm , Sunday 9am – 12pm
Green Fleet – Sunday 1230 – 330pm
Youth Pathway – Sunday 1pm – 330pm
2019 Winter Series Calendar
June, 16th – Point score races 4,5,6
July, 7th – Point score races 7,8,9
August, 4th – Point score races 10,11,12
August, 11th – Point score races 13,14,15
August, 18th – Point score races 16,17,18
Office opening hours
Monday 3 June to Friday 7 Fri- Open from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Monday 10 June to Friday 14 June – Open from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Cafe opening hours
Please help us to keep the club safe by reporting any hazards and helping to keep walkways clear.
Yours in Sailing and Paddling,
The WSC Team