OPTIMIST – Open, Intermediate, Green fleet
The future of sailing is bright with Woollahra Sailing Clubs junior Optimist programme. Junior programme manager & Coach Alex Zimmerman with his team of instructors have been busy planning the year ahead and will bring all the fun and skills the kids need to develop and perform.
Further detailed information & bookings can be made here: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/woollahrasailing/events/list/&cat=1940-1941-2648-2649
420 – Development and Performance Programmes
Looking to try a new class or time to transition from the Optimist? The WSC 420 development programme is well recommended. This dynamic class is the world leader in creating an optimal foundation of techniques, tactics and tuning. 420 Performance sessions are back and the WSC Team look forward to supporting your goals.
Further detailed information & bookings can be made here: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/woollahrasailing/events/list/&cat=2648
You may have noticed that we have removed the gate from the foreshore end of the pontoon gangway. This was not an action of the Club’s choosing. We were directed to do so by NSW department of transport. We have a licence to use the ramp, pontoon and jetty. The licence is issued by Transport NSW who also contributed 2/3 of the cost of the new ramp and pontoon. For political reasons they require the ramp and pontoon to be accessible to the public at all times. That said, The Club believes that this introduces safety concerns and increases the cost of maintenance. Please note – fishing is not an authorised use of the ramp, pontoon, or jetty. The Club is not happy with the removal of the gate and we are working with local council and transport nsw in order to resolve our differences. If you believe, as the board does, that the safety and maintenance concerns are genuine please contact:
Minister for transport: https://www.nsw.gov.au/nsw-government/ministers/minister-for-transport-and-roads;
The local member: https://nsw.liberal.org.au/candidates/Gabrielle-Upton/Contact; and
Woollahra council: https://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/contact_us
Share your photo and videos
You are a sailing/paddling legend!! We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to email@example.com. By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organisation.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Private lessons available for members
A great form of exercise while fast tracking your performance.
Complying with the current Covid 19 government policies & restrictions all sessions will be completed in single handed dinghies. Woollahra Sailing Club coaches Alex Zimmermann & Dan Smith. For more details regarding sessions email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Booking can be also made here Book now
Dinghies, SUPs and kayaks
Members can hire dinghies, SUPs and kayaks at discounted prices. Please book and pay online.
While staying at home is most recommend during the Coronavirus outbreak, exercise and staying healthy is still possible.
So…take advantage of your member discount for kayak/sup or hire a Pacer or Laser dinghy.
Booking and payment made under ‘member hire’ at the following link or for further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not attend the Club if you have visited Victoria in the last 14 days.
Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
The Club is principally operating as a storage facility with Club racing and some limited training courses. The Club toilets and changerooms are open. The Club cafe and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided. The situation is constantly changing. Please read the COVID-19 Policy in full before each visit to the Club.
The Club is principally operating as a storage facility with Club racing and some limited training courses. The following restrictions are in accoradnce with NSW Public Health Orders:
• If you live outside Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs you should not attend competitions at the Club until after 30 September.
• Do not attend the Club if you have visited Victoria in the last 14 days.
• Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
• Only members and Sailing School customers may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• We have provided contact tracing forms in the foyer. Please record your name for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• Maximum group size of 10 people.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. You may rig in the yard but if you do so please move out of the yard asap.
• Move in and out of the yard rapidly.
• The Club toilets and changerooms are open. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club cafe and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no assistance can be provided by staff in the yard or on the water.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.