WSC Update – September 25th 2021
Returning to sport- #VAXTHENATION
The NSW government has flagged that over the next month lock down restrictions will ease. It has also indicated that greater liberties will be afforded to people who are fully vaccinated. The Board of The Woollahra Sailing Club supports these initiatives and encourages all members to get vaccinated. It is possible that some Club activities and facilities will only be available to people who are fully vaccinated and to children under the age of 12.
We are expecting Club Racing and Sailing School activities to resume in October. Please help by getting vaccinated.
For more details please see: Freedoms for fully vaccinated people | NSW Government
Annual General Meeting
Please be advised the 63rd Annual General meeting for Woollahra Sailing Club will be held at 7pm on Tuesday October 5th 2021. The meeting will be held as a Zoom webinar.
Details of the AGM are available on the Club’s website at: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/the-club-2/reports/agm-2021/. In order to attend the AGM you must register in advance. To ensure attendance please register before 5:00 pm Monday October 4th 2021. In order to register you must provide your Australian Sailing Number, Email Address and Name.
These documents include:
• Agenda for the AGM – including the motions received.
• Proxy vote form for the AGM.
• 2021 Annual report including Financial Report.
• Minutes of the 2020 AGM.
• Details for attending the meeting and registering to attend. In order to attend you must register before 5:00 pm on Monday October 4th 2021.
If you are not able to display the content, please contact [email protected]
See all the WSC Stories on the Club’s website.
New Club Management System
Please be advised that over the last months the club has been implementing new membership and storage management software. The aim is to provide better and clearer service to our members and reduce costs.
After reviewing our current systems and an extensive market evaluation, we have chosen Sailing Club Manager (SCM). More information can be found here: SailingClubManager
The implantation is proceeding as follows:
- System selection – Complete
- Collate, cross reference and upload our current data into SCM. This is a complex process. – Complete.
- Issue the 2021-2022 annual membership and storage invoices with online payment available via Stripe and possibly other payment gateways. Please note that online payment is available, and this is preferred over bank transfer. – Complete.
- Issue logins to Members. This will allow you to login and update details about your membership, family, and vessels. As more functionality is implemented there will be further services available to members.
This step will progress in the next couple of weeks. Please watch your email for an invitation to login to the new portal.
SCM manager offers a lot more functionality that will benefit the Club and will be implemented over the next 12 months. This includes:
- Event management.
- Duty rosters.
- Race results.
- Online store.
- And more.
Every effort has been taken to make this transition as smooth as possible. However, if you have questions or need assistance during the rollout, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 2 9371 9805.
Woollahra Sailing Club is almost certainly the most active dinghy sailing club in Australia. This can be seen in the number and size of events we host, the sailing school enrolments, the regatta results, the club racing attendance, and the activity in the yard and on the ramp each day. It would not be possible for us to maintain this level of activity without our volunteers. A big thanks to the usual suspects Gaye Rosen, Martin Gill, and Frank Shepherd and to all the others who have contributed during the year. For Sail Sydney last year more than 80 staff and volunteers participated in delivering a week of racing. We simply cannot run events like this without significant volunteer involvement. The feedback from volunteers is always positive – people love giving back to the community and helping the sport and the club they love so much. We are always keen to have more volunteers involved with the club and each year we run a volunteer training day and host courses for staff and volunteers. If you would like to get involved, please contact the office at [email protected].
If you would like to improve your skill set, Australian Sailing has provided a number of free online training courses that can be found at: https://www.sailingresources.org.au/training/e-learning-courses/. Mark lay is a good course for all sailors to do.
Boat Storage at the Club – terms and conditions – your responsibilities
In order to effectively manage the club, storage is provided in accordance with the Woollahra Sailing Club Storage Agreement. The latest version of this agreement and other important Club Governance documents can be found on the Club website at: Membership terms and conditions – Woollahra Sailing Club. Please familiarise yourself with these documents.
We need all members to comply with the requirements of Storage Agreement. This is essential so we can look after your vessels, efficiently manage storage, ensure storage is fairly provided, and look after the Club’s finances.
Please assist by observing the following :
- Storage is provided on request only! You must receive permission from Club management before bringing a vessel into the yard. If you do not do so the vessel may be removed.
- You must mark any boat, fittings, or other equipment left on the Club premises to allow easy identification. The office can assist with labels if required.
- Vessels must be used. Storage is provided for actively used vessels. Under utilised vessels may be removed. Storage is provided to support active Club Members. It is not a commercial storage facility for Members who have nowhere else to store vessels.
- If storage fees are unpaid vessels may be removed.
- Storage is provided for the vessel specified on the storage agreement. Members may not substitute boats without approval from Club management.
- Vessels are stored at the owners risk. Please insure your vessel.
- Storage is provided for a specified location. Members may not move or substitute vessels without approval from Club management.
Check out our range of club merchandise. It is catered to be practical on and off the water and is a great way to represent yourself as a WSC sailor!
There are rashies, bibs, caps, hoodies, long sleeve tops, dry bags and t-shirts.
Look through the online ‘shop’ on our website, through your members portal or come try it on at the club!
Sent us your photos and videos
We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to [email protected] By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organization.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy Instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Please consult the Club COVID-19 – Coronavirus Policy before each visit to the Club. In particular please record your details, on one of the contact tracing facilities provided. Wherever possible please use one of the QR codes.
• Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
• The Club is operating at greatly reduced capacity. In order to keep operating in this fashion assistance is required from all visitors to the facility. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
• Do not attend the Club if you have any cold of flu like symptoms.
• Do not attend the Club if there is any chance you may have been in contact with someone who has, or might have coronavirus, in the last 14 days.
• Do not attend the Club if you live more than 5 klms from the Club.
• Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
• Only members, Sailing School customers, volunteers, and staff may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• MASKS MUS BE WORN at all times inside the building. This includes Foyer, Changerooms, Cafe, and Offices.
• We have provided Service NSW contact tracing via QR codes in the foyer. Record your details for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person indoors.
• Maximum group size of 2 people.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. We wish to minimise the number of people in the yard and building.
• Move in and out of the yard rapidly.
• The Club toilets are open. Keep at least 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club changerooms/showers are closed.
• The Club café is closed.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no assistance can be provided by staff in the yard or on the water.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.