WSC Optis shine in the ACT
Last weekend 17 of our Optimist open, intermediate and green fleet sailors travelled to Canberra to compete at the ACT State championships for 2020. Even though the conditions were wet and cold; it was a very successful weekend for our team, with many achievements and two wins for WSC.
Isaac Freeman won the open fleet with a commanding lead and an 11-point difference over his nearest competitor. Woollahra Sailor, Jacob Marks, took the next spot on the podium giving WSC a 1 2 finish in the open fleet. Adding to the dominance Hanako Tomishima finished as the number 1 girl in the event.
As evidence of our strong optimist pathway, Goro Tomishima also won the intermediate fleet which was a great achievement considering he only began sailing in our tackers program last October.
A big congratulations to our entire Opti fleet, which has grown to be one of Australia’s largest club fleets, with around 30 sailors showing up to club racing. We are very proud to see the training and dedication paying off.
The success of this event would not have been possible without the kind contributions and efforts of our Junior Programme Director Rupert Henry, assistant coach Josh Becker. Sarah Macmaster, the Tucker Family and our growing pool of wonderful volunteers.
A thank you must go to our Junior Programme Manager Alex Zimmermann for running such a smooth and inspiring program.
Full results at: http://www.austeamsailing.com/events/results.htm
Sadly the weather forecast for this weekend is not great
Saturday – Light wind rain and lightning.
Sunday – Very strong wind and rain.
Club racing may be cancelled for Sunday. Please check the Club website, Facebook or Instagram after 10:00am on Sunday.
For further details please view NOR and other documents here: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/summer-series-2020-2021/
OPTIMIST – Tackers, Open, Intermediate, Green fleet
The future of sailing is bright with Woollahra Sailing Clubs junior Optimist programme. Junior programme manager & Coach Alex Zimmerman with his team of instructors have been busy planning the year ahead and will bring all the fun and skills the kids need to develop and perform.
Further detailed information & bookings can be made here: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/woollahrasailing/events/list/&cat=1940-1941-2648-2649
420 – Development and Performance Programmes
Looking to try a new class or time to transition from the Optimist? The WSC 420 development programme is well recommended. This dynamic class is the world leader in creating an optimal foundation of techniques, tactics and tuning. 420 Performance sessions are back and the WSC Team look forward to supporting your goals.
Further detailed information & bookings will be available next week at: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/woollahrasailing/events/list/&cat=2648
We are looking forward to hosting many events over the next four months. These include:
- Club racing – Most weekends
- Tingira Challenge – November 14
- The Bonid Outriggers regatta – November 22
- The Waszp Class NSW Championship – November 28 and 29
- Sail Sydney – December 10 to 13
- Finn Australian Championship 2021 – January 10 to 15.
For more information on these and other events please consult the Club’s event calendar: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-events/list/
Share your photo and videos
You are a sailing/paddling legend!! We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to email@example.com. By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organisation.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy Instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Private lessons available for members
A great form of exercise while fast tracking your performance.
Complying with the current Covid 19 government policies & restrictions all sessions will be completed in single handed dinghies. Woollahra Sailing Club coaches Alex Zimmermann & Dan Smith. For more details regarding sessions email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Booking can be also made here Book now
Dinghies, SUPs and kayaks
Members can hire dinghies, SUPs and kayaks at discounted prices. Please book and pay online.
While staying at home is most recommended during the Coronavirus outbreak, exercise and staying healthy is still possible.
So…take advantage of your member discount for kayak/sup or hire a Pacer or Laser dinghy.
Booking and payment made under ‘member hire’ at the following link or for further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not attend the Club if you have visited Victoria in the last 14 days.
Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
The Club is principally operating as a storage facility with Club racing and some limited training courses. The Club toilets and change rooms are open. The Club cafe and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided. The situation is constantly changing. Please read the COVID-19 Policy in full before each visit to the Club.
The Club is principally operating as a storage facility with Club racing and some limited training courses. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
• Do not attend the Club if you have visited Victoria in the last 14 days.
• Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
• Only members and Sailing School customers may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• We have provided contact tracing forms in the foyer. Please record your name for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• Maximum group size of 10 people.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. You may rig in the yard but if you do so please move out of the yard asap.
• Move in and out of the yard rapidly.
• The Club toilets and change rooms are open. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club cafe and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no assistance can be provided by staff in the yard or on the water.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.