Club racing – warnings, hazards, and traffic

Club racing – warnings, hazards, and traffic – June 19th 2021

𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝟳:𝟭𝟬 𝗮𝗺 𝗦𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟬 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
𝗖𝗹𝘂𝗯 𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗻. Moth start warning signal moved to 1pm.  Currently staying with 10am for general fleet but may need a 1hr postponement.

Update 8:00 pm Saturday 19 June 2020

We have moved the moth start warning signal to 1pm.   Currently staying with 10am for general fleet but may need a 1hr postponement.

We will be monitoring the conditions and provide an update before 0800 on Sunday.


Weather warning

The forecast for Sunday is changing significantly every few hours.  At this stage Sunday racing is on but marginal.

We will be monitoring the conditions and make a final call at or before 0800 on Sunday.  This will be communicated on the Club website and via Facebook.

For more information please see the BOM forecast for Sydney closed waters.

Forecast as issued at 10:01 am EST on Saturday 19 June 2021.


Sailing hazard

Close up of boat and mooring blockPlease be aware that there is at least one mooring block that is very shallow at low tide.  The block for “c’est la vie” (aka “Broad N”) is only a metre below the surface at low tide.  Please keep well away from the bow of this boat at low tide.   The mooring block can be as much as six (6) metres from the front of the boat.

This hazard has been reported to TfNSW.

Please see pictures of boat and mooring block.

 


 

Boat as seen from the Club


COVID Testing – Traffic delays

The COVID testing facility, adjacent to the  Club, is in full swing.  As a result delays of up to 90 minutes are being experienced.    The delay may be better or worse on Sunday.  We advise parking near the ferry wharf or other location and walking to the Club if possible.

©2021 Woollahra Sailing Club Limited | ABN 46 000 344 178

or

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?