WSC Update – June 11th 2021
No club racing this Sunday.
Our winter series is taking a quick break for the long weekend but will be back the following Sunday the 20th.
The club café will also be closed as a result
In the meantime, we would still love some volunteer support both on and off the water. Sign up for this through your members portal.
Head here for the NOR and further details: Winter Series 2021 – Woollahra Sailing Club
Upcoming 29er winter regatta!
Over the 26th/27th of June we are hosting the 29er winter sprint championships
NOR, sign up and details are here: 29er Winter Sprint Championship 2021 – Woollahra Sailing Club
With plenty of club 29ers and keen inter-state sailors, we are looking forward to a competitive event!
School holiday programs – Juniors and Teens
Boat Storage at the Club – terms and conditions – your responsibilities
In order to effectively manage the club, storage is provided in accordance with the Woollahra Sailing Club Storage Agreement. The latest version of this agreement and other important Club Governance documents can be found on the Club website at: Membership terms and conditions – Woollahra Sailing Club. Please familiarise yourself with these documents.
We need all members to comply with the requirements of Storage Agreement. This is essential so we can look after your vessels, efficiently manage storage, ensure storage is fairly provided, and look after the Club’s finances.
Please assist by observing the following :
- Storage is provided on request only! You must receive permission from Club management before bringing a vessel into the yard. If you do not do so the vessel may be removed.
- You must mark any boat, fittings, or other equipment left on the Club premises to allow easy identification. The office can assist with labels if required.
- Vessels must be used. Storage is provided for actively used vessels. Under utilised vessels may be removed. Storage is provided to support active Club Members. It is not a commercial storage facility for Members who have nowhere else to store vessels.
- If storage fees are unpaid vessels may be removed.
- Storage is provided for the vessel specified on the storage agreement. Members may not substitute boats without approval from Club management.
- Vessels are stored at the owners risk. Please insure your vessel.
- Storage is provided for a specified location. Members may not move or substitute vessels without approval from Club management.
Call for Volunteers!
Woollahra Sailing Club would greatly appreciate any assistance for the upcoming Winter Series as usual there are many different roles available both on and off the water to suit all level of skills and abilities.
Being a volunteer is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the many different aspects of sailing on and off the water with some of the BEST views in the country on Sydney Harbour.
Being a community club volunteers are a crucial part of the smooth running and success of club activities, and we sincerely appreciate everyone who is willing to be involved.
With various jobs available, there is sure to be a job for you! You will be able to indicate the area that you are most interested in when filling out the online registration form. https://www.revolutionise.com.au/woollahrasailing/events/100672/
Check out our range of club merchandise. It is catered to be practical on and off the water and is a great way to represent yourself as a WSC sailor!
There are rashies, bibs, caps, hoodies, long sleeve tops, dry bags and t-shirts.
Look through the online ‘shop’ on our website, through your members portal or come try it on at the club!
We are looking forward to hosting many events over the next few months.
- Club Racing! Winter series!
- Term 3 learn to sail programs
- 29er winter spring championships
- Sail Sydney 2021
For more information on these and other events please consult the Club’s event calendar: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-events/list/
Sent us your photos and videos
We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to [email protected] By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organization.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy Instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Dinghies, SUPs and kayaks
Members can hire dinghies, SUPs and kayaks at discounted prices. Please book and pay online.
Take advantage of your member discount for kayak/sup or hire a Pacer or Laser dinghy.
Booking and payment made under ‘member hire’ at the following link or for further details please contact [email protected]
Please consult the Club COVID-19 – Coronavirus Policy before each visit to the Club. In particular please record your details, on one of the contact tracing facilities provided. Wherever possible please use one of the QR codes.
- Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
The Club is operating at near full capacity. In order to keep operating in this fashion assistance is required from all visitors to the facility. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
• Do not attend the Club if you have any cold of flu like symptoms.
• Do not attend the Club if there is any chance you may have been in contact with someone who has, or might have coronavirus, in the last 14 days.
• Only members, Sailing School customers, volunteers, and staff may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• We have provided two forms of contact tracing QR Codes in the foyer. Record your details, on one of these methods, for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 2 by square metres per person indoors.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. You may rig in the yard but if you do so please move out of the yard asap.
• The Club toilets and change rooms are open. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club café and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.