End of summer series BBQ!
Join us next weekend for our end of summer series barbeque on the 28th of March @ 4pm
Food and refreshments provided. All members and club racers welcome
We are looking forward to hosting the 420 Nationals Championship for 2021, in partner with the Australian 420 association.
This will be held at WSC from the 10-13th of April.
The association is excited to welcome a new nationals event sponsor 1st City Fox and Jacobson
1st City Fox & Jacobson are supporting the event as a local Real Estate Business and are sponsoring the pre regatta evening dinner on Friday the 9th of April
Good luck to all of our competitors! Its going to be a fantastic event
More information and registration here: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-event/420-australian-championship-2021/
NSW Finn Master Championship regatta 2021
We are hosting the NSW Finn master championship regatta on the 27/28th of March. Coming up in a weeks time!
This regatta will consist of two days of racing, joining along with club racing on the 2nd day to compete for the Finn master champion!
More information and registration here: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-event/finn-wsc-masters-championship-march-2021/
Recent achievements from our members! Go WSC sailors!
Some huge success’s recently from our sailors! Congratulations on the achievements, we are glad to have you representing WSC
Last weekend, the Flying Dutchman nationals were held at Sorrento Couta Boat Sailing club and both WSC competitors achieved a strong finishing. Ian McCrossin 2nd and Matthew Moore 3rd.
The final leg of the B14 state championship was held with ‘The Nude’ Richie Reynolds and Lissa McMillan retaining the trophy.
Leading results from our Father-son duo Grae and Brett morris in the NSW Raceboards series in round 4. Grae placed 1st ahead of Brett in 2nd, the series concludes next Saturday. The week before the series started, Grae came home with a win of the day and the series.
Join our school holiday programs!
During the April school holidays we have two holiday camps running for children (7-12) and teens (13-17).
We have discounted pricing for our members, to get your children involved with sailing and the club.
We would love to have them join us for an awesome week of sailing!
Sign up and more info here: Learn to Sail – Woollahra Sailing Club
Check out our new range of club merchandise. It is catered to be practical on and off the water and is a great way to represent yourself as a WSC sailor!
There are rashies, bibs, caps, hoodies, long sleeve tops, dry bags and t-shirts. As well as more coming soon…
Look through the online ‘shop’ on our website, through your members portal or come try it on at the club!
We are looking forward to hosting many events over the next few months. These include:
- Final weekend of club racing summer series – 28th March
- NSW Finns master champions 2021 – 27th/28th March
- 420 Australian Championships 2021 – 10-13th April
For more information on these and other events please consult the Club’s event calendar: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-events/list/
Sent us your photos and videos
We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to [email protected] By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organization.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy Instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Dinghies, SUPs and kayaks
Members can hire dinghies, SUPs and kayaks at discounted prices. Please book and pay online.
Take advantage of your member discount for kayak/sup or hire a Pacer or Laser dinghy.
Booking and payment made under ‘member hire’ at the following link or for further details please contact [email protected]
Please consult the Club COVID-19 – Coronavirus Policy before each visit to the Club. In particular please record your details, on one of the contact tracing facilities provided. Wherever possible please use one of the QR codes.
- Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
The Club is operating at near full capacity. In order to keep operating in this fashion assistance is required from all visitors to the facility. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
• Do not attend the Club if you have any cold of flu like symptoms.
• Do not attend the Club if there is any chance you may have been in contact with someone who has, or might have coronavirus, in the last 14 days.
• Only members, Sailing School customers, volunteers, and staff may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• We have provided two forms of contact tracing QR Codes in the foyer. Record your details, on one of these methods, for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 2 by square metres per person indoors.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. You may rig in the yard but if you do so please move out of the yard asap.
• Move in and out of the yard rapidly.
• The Club toilets and change rooms are open. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club café and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.