Wishing you all a wonderful Easter break!
It was lovely to see so many faces back at the club last Sunday for our final weekend of club racing for our summer series. Thanks to everyone who helped out, and who attended the fun afternoon!
We look forward to seeing you back on the water for our winter series starting in a few weeks.
Over the Easter weekend the club is open and accessible for members but the office will be closed.
We are looking forward to hosting the 420 Nationals Championship for 2021 in a weeks time, in partner with the Australian 420 association.
This will be held at WSC from the 10-13th of April. Registration numbers look good with a few home teams from WSC as well as some interstate competitors joining us!
Measurement of boats will be on the 9th April. Warning to members, the yard may be busy on that Friday morning
In the evening of the 9th April we will welcome all sailors and parents to the opening dinner and we again thank our sponsor 1st City Fox & Jacobson. For more information please see: https://1stcity.com.au/
Good luck to all of our competitors! It’s going to be a fantastic event
More information and registration here: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-event/420-australian-championship-2021/
Club Championship 2020-2021
The 2020-2021 Summer Series and Club Championship concluded on Sunday 28 march. Full details can be found at: Summer Series 2020/2021 – Woollahra Sailing Club
Congratulations to all who finished on the podium. The winners of the various divisions are:
- Moth Fleet: Midnight Kebab (Warren Sare)
- Open Fleet: Manalive (Matt Brooman and Michael Gallagher)
- Inner Fleet: Salty Sea Dog (Diane Vukelic and Neil Gosh)
- Finn Fleet: AUS 2 (Rob McMillan)
- Tasar Fleet: Faking Clever (Kerry Fyfe and Michael O’Brien)
- Waszp Fleet: 2630 (Scott Sydney)
Over last weekend, the 27/8th of March, we hosted the Finn master championship regatta. The weekend was warm, with light and variable winds. This placed a lot of demand on competitors and race management. Congratulations to Jake Lilley, Rob McMillan and Rafael Trujillo for filling up the podium and a big thanks to Race Officer, Dan Smith, for getting six races complete in very difficult conditions.
Sydney Harbour Splash Festival 2021
After a postponement at the start of this year, we are excited to be hosting the Sydney Harbour Splash again this year on Anzac Day, the 25th of April.
Back for it’s 4th year, the iconic swim starts at Woollahra Sailing Club and follows the coastline giving participants stunning views to the Harbour Bridge as they go. Please be advised that WSC yard storage and operations will be impacted from 4.30AM to 2PM and access to boats and use of the yard will be restricted during that period.
For more details see: Sydney Harbour Splash – Anzac Day 2021 – Woollahra Sailing Club
Recent achievements from our members! Go WSC sailors!
Some huge success’s recently from our sailors! Congratulations on the achievements, we are glad to have you representing WSC
Last weekend, the Flying Dutchman nationals were held at Sorrento Couta Boat Sailing club and both WSC competitors achieved a strong finishing. Ian McCrossin 2nd and Matthew Moore 3rd.
The final leg of the B14 state championship was held with ‘The Nude’ Richie Reynolds and Lissa McMillan retaining the trophy.
Leading results from our Father-son duo Grae and Brett morris in the NSW Raceboards series in round 4. Grae placed 1st ahead of Brett in 2nd, the series concludes next Saturday. The week before the series started, Grae came home with a win of the day and the series.
Join our school holiday programs!
During the April school holidays we have two holiday camps running for children (7-12) and teens (13-17).
We have discounted pricing for our members, to get your children involved with sailing and the club.
We would love to have them join us for an awesome week of sailing!
Sign up and more info here: Learn to Sail – Woollahra Sailing Club
Check out our new range of club merchandise. It is catered to be practical on and off the water and is a great way to represent yourself as a WSC sailor!
There are rashies, bibs, caps, hoodies, long sleeve tops, dry bags and t-shirts. As well as more coming soon…
Look through the online ‘shop’ on our website, through your members portal or come try it on at the club!
We are looking forward to hosting many events over the next few months. These include:
- 420 Australian Championships 2021 – 10-13th April
- Sydney Harbour Splash Festival 2021
- Holiday camps for Juniors and Teens over April
- Club Racing! Winter series!
For more information on these and other events please consult the Club’s event calendar: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-events/list/
Sent us your photos and videos
We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to [email protected] By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organization.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy Instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Dinghies, SUPs and kayaks
Members can hire dinghies, SUPs and kayaks at discounted prices. Please book and pay online.
Take advantage of your member discount for kayak/sup or hire a Pacer or Laser dinghy.
Booking and payment made under ‘member hire’ at the following link or for further details please contact [email protected]
Please consult the Club COVID-19 – Coronavirus Policy before each visit to the Club. In particular please record your details, on one of the contact tracing facilities provided. Wherever possible please use one of the QR codes.
- Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
The Club is operating at near full capacity. In order to keep operating in this fashion assistance is required from all visitors to the facility. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
• Do not attend the Club if you have any cold of flu like symptoms.
• Do not attend the Club if there is any chance you may have been in contact with someone who has, or might have coronavirus, in the last 14 days.
• Only members, Sailing School customers, volunteers, and staff may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• We have provided two forms of contact tracing QR Codes in the foyer. Record your details, on one of these methods, for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 2 by square metres per person indoors.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. You may rig in the yard but if you do so please move out of the yard asap.
• The Club toilets and change rooms are open. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club café and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.