Please consult the Club COVID-19 – Coronavirus Policy before each visit to the Club. In particular please record your details, on one of the contact tracing facilities provided. Wherever possible please use one of the QR codes.
With 9 sailors, WSC was the best represented club at the MHYC optimist summer regatta held last weekend over the 23rd and 24th of January.
We had a great mix of conditions with a light wind day of the first day and 15knts on the second day. Special mention goes to Spencer Mackay and Issac Freeman for finishing 2nd and 3rd place overall and Hanako Tomishima taking 1st girl and 5th overall.
In the intermediates Walter Heeley had a fantastic performance finishing in 1st overall with a commanding lead. It was a terrific effort from all competitors.
Our term 1 programs are up on our website and starting this coming week.
‘Foiling Thursdays’ Twilight series 17:30 race start
We welcome all foiling classes to join us for an action package evening of Thursday racing.
Term 1 learn to sail programs
Junior learn to sail – Tackers term 1
Tackers programs start next weekend! Sign up now.
Out There – Teens program term 1
The program is created for 12-17 year old’s who are interested in trying out sailing in a non-competitive, social and fun setting. OutThere Sailing encourages teenagers to learn new skills and spend time with friends in a new and exciting environment.
420 – Development and Performance Programs
Looking to try a new class or time to transition from the Optimist? The NSW 420 association Experience day & development programme is recommended. This dynamic class is the world leader in creating an optimal foundation of techniques, tactics and tuning. 420 Friday performance sessions are back and the WSC Team look forward to supporting your goals.
Development Term 1: https://www.revolutionise.com.au/woollahrasailing/events/86414
29er Skiff Skills programme
Coaching is conducted by experienced 29er coach that has been endorsed by NSW 9er Association. The training program runs for 7 to 8 sessions, with each session being 4 hours.
Booking & further info: https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing?eid=589938&
We are looking forward to hosting many events over the next few months. These include:
- Club racing – Most weekends
- Term 1 tackers and teens – Starting First weekend of February
- 420 experience day – 6th of February
For more information on these and other events please consult the Club’s event calendar: https://www.woollahrasailingclub.org.au/wsc-events/list/
Share your photo and videos
You are a sailing/paddling legend!! We would love to share your photos and videos on the Club website, Instagram and Facebook accounts. There is a lot happening at the Club, let’s show the world that Woollahra Sailing Club is a great place to Sail and Paddle.
Please send you photos and videos to [email protected] By doing so you will be giving the Club the right to use this content for promotional purposes. We will not pass on that right to any other organization.
Australian Sailing Courses
Australian Sailing have launched a variety courses to gain further knowledge, experience and qualifications from Club Race Officer to Dinghy Instructor qualifications.
The Club is always looking for volunteers to support regattas, club racing and programmes. Book in to secure your spot!
Adult Learn to Windsurf & Better Sailing group sessions
Dinghies, SUPs and kayaks
Members can hire dinghies, SUPs and kayaks at discounted prices. Please book and pay online.
Take advantage of your member discount for kayak/sup or hire a Pacer or Laser dinghy.
Booking and payment made under ‘member hire’ at the following link or for further details please contact [email protected]
Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
The Club is operating at near full capacity. In order to keep operating in this fashion assistance is required from all visitors to the facility. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
• Do not attend the Club if you have any cold of flu like symptoms.
• Do not attend the Club if there is any chance you may have been in contact with someone who has, or might have coronavirus, in the last 14 days.
• Please check the Latest NSW Health COVID-19 news and updates.
• Only members, Sailing School customers, volunteers, and staff may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
• We have provided two forms of contact tracing QR Codes in the foyer. Record your details, on one of these methods, for each and every visit to the Club.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person indoors.
• Maximum group size of 30 people.
• Please rig outside the yard if possible. You may rig in the yard but if you do so please move out of the yard asap.
• Move in and out of the yard rapidly.
• The Club toilets and changerooms are open. Keep 1.5 metres apart and allow 4 square metres per person.
• The Club café and all other internal facilities are closed. This is in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders and cannot be avoided.
• The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
• There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no assistance can be provided by staff in the yard or on the water.
• Outside of Club organised activities (racing and training) no rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.