- This event has passed.
Friday February 28 @ 8:00 am - Saturday February 29 @ 5:00 pm AEDT
Find out more and get tickets at SailGP.com/Sydney
SailGP Season 2 kicks off in Sydney in February 2020. Australia’s Tom Slingsby will be hungry to defend his championship title, looking to put early points on the leaderboard in front of a home crowd. The thrilling, high-speed racing will take place February 28 and 29 from 15:00 to 17:00 with three races are scheduled per day. The best views will be from Shark Island in the middle of Sydney Harbour or from a spectator boat on the harbour. The only way to get yourself inside the event exclusion zone is with SailGP ticketed experiences. Boat owners are welcome to bring their own boat to watch from the edge of the exclusion zone.
SailGP Spectator Experiences
- Island Area
- Watch the racing from land and be front row on Shark Island, in the middle of the Sydney Harbour race course. The Island Arena offers front row seats combined with big screens for action replays and live race commentary.
- Official Spectator Boats
- SailGP spectator boats, run by Captain Cook Cruises, get you to the heart of the action on Sydney Harbour, enjoy an amazing view of the racing together with live race commentary.
- Adrenaline Yacht Program
- Those seeking the ultimate luxury experience can purchase an Adrenaline Yachts package to watch the racing from the decks of your own luxury yacht positioned within the public exclusion zone. Limited charter or own-boat options are available for corporate or private use (boats 12m+)
- Bring Your Own Boat
- Boat owners can soak up the electric atmosphere and action of Sydney SailGP from the comfort of their own vessel. Boaters can register their vessel for free to receive live updates from race management, including racecourse position and timings to help get the best position on water. The first 50 registered boat owners will be invited to an exclusive SailGP Q&A in the lead up to race weekend.
- Behind the Scenes Tour
- Exclusive tours are available to go behind the scenes at the SailGP technical base on Cockatoo Island. Get up close to the world-class athletes and shore teams as they make final preparations to the world’s fastest sail racing boats – the F50s. Tours take place from Monday to Thursday, February 17-27 inclusive.
Sign up here to receive updates from SailGP
Find out more and get tickets at SailGP.com/Sydney
Redeem a 15% ticket discount for Race Day experiences here by using the unlock code ASSYSGP15
SailGP Inspire Program
SailGP Inspire is a community outreach program that comprises of innovative pathways for young people, students and aspiring sailors. SailGP is bringing Inspire to the shores of Sydney for the first time in February 2020, so please encourage your youth members to apply for this unique opportunity that connects ambitious young sailors with the pinnacle of the sport.
Inspire Racing provides a unique opportunity that connects ambitious young sailors with the pinnacle of the sport. Australian youth sailors will have the opportunity to get behind the scenes, meet the world’s best athletes and compete on the F50 race course, directly in front of the onlooking crowds, on race day.
- Inspire Racing x WASZP
- 16 youth sailors, eight male and eight female (U20 at the time of the event), will be selected to participate in five days training and racing on foiling WASZP dinghies on Sydney Harbour, February 25-29, 2020
- Sailors can apply online and will be selected in January 2020 by a SailGP committee based on specific criteria including: sailing ability; willingness to learn new skills; positive attitude towards the sport; ambition; demonstrating the potential to become a future SailGP athlete
- Applications are now open at SailGP.com/InspireRacing
- Applications close January 5, 2020
- Inspire Racing x RS Cat14
- 16 youth sailors, eight male and eight female (U15 at the time of the event), will be selected by local Sydney Harbour sailing clubs to participate in four days training and racing on RS Cat14s (non-foiling) on Sydney Harbour, February 26-29, 2020
- Clubs demonstrating a commitment to developing youth sailing on Sydney Harbour have been selected by SailGP and will each nominate two sailors, one male and one female to attend.
- For more information please visit SailGP.com/InspireRacing
Inspire Careers offers students aged 18-23 an opportunity to register for work experience with SailGP during the opening Sydney event. Through the programme, successful candidates are introduced to a variety of roles within SailGP from boat building to hydraulics, hospitality, media and more. If you would like the chance to get involved in Sydney SailGP in February 2020, apply now.
- Successful applicants will be selected to participate in the SailGP Inspire Careers programme in Sydney
- Applicants will need to be onsite and typically available in the week leading up to the event and the event itself – dates may vary depending on the role
- Apply at SailGP.com/InspireCareers
- Applications close January 28, 2020