Woollahra Sailing Club acknowledges that we are on the land of the Birrabirragal people, the traditional custodians of the land. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
COVID Status and Policy
Updated: 27 April 2022.
The Club is operating at near full capacity. In order to keep operating in this fashion assistance is required from all visitors to the facility. The following restrictions are in accordance with NSW Public Health Orders:
- Do not attend the Club if you have any cold of flu like symptoms.
- Do not attend the Club if there is any chance you may have been in contact with someone who has, or might have coronavirus, in the last 14 days.
- The building is only accessible to fully vaccinated people and people under 13 years.
- Please check the COVID-19 | NSW Government.
- Only members, Sailing School customers, people attending organised events, volunteers, and staff may visit the Club. No public or guest access allowed.
- Comply with government regulations.
- The Club toilets and changerooms are open.
- The yard is open during the day but requires security access card/fob after hours.
- There is limited access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
Published: 6 March 2020 18:00. Updated: 5 February 2022.
Due to the continually changing nature of the Coronavirus situation and the fluidity of the advice being provided by health authorities, we ask that you review this policy before each visit to the Club. The last update date and time is shown at the top of the document.
Woollahra Sailing Club asks all users of the facility to follow Federal and state Government advice.
For NSW Health Orders please see:
Advice from NSW Office of Sport: https://sport.nsw.gov.au/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
Advice from Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert;
Be aware of the latest maritime advice from Transport for NSW:
Advice from Australian Sailing: https://www.sailingresources.org.au/covid-19/
For advice on travelling please see: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/COVID-19
Woollahra Sailing Club return to sport and COVID safety plan.
Requirements for members
- We mandate that you DO NOT ENTER this facility if:
- you are feeling unwell including cough or mild cold/flu like symptoms;
- you have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days;
- you have visited domestic COVID hotspots in the last 14 days.
- in the last 14 days you have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is unwell, including cough or mild cold/flu like symptoms; or
- for any other reason you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- We have provided Service NSW contact tracing via QR codes in the foyer and cafe. Record your details for each and every visit to the Club.
- Access is available for staff and members only via the main gate and front door. You may require an access fob to gain access. See below for details on obtaining a fob.
- Protect yourself and others. Follow advice from health authorities. Including:
- The Club toilets and changerooms are open.
- Very significant fines apply to individuals and organisations that breach regulations.
"In the case of an individual, the maximum penalty is $11,000, or imprisonment for 6 months, or both and a further $5500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues.
In the case of any corporation, the maximum penalty is $55,000 and a further $27,500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues."
If you have been diagnosed with the virus and have visited the club in the 14 days prior to diagnosis, please advise the club by email to [email protected].
Rationale for our position
There is much debate regarding the appropriate response to the virus. The focus is on where policy should fall on the continuum from mitigation to suppression (lock down). Our actions are closer to the suppression end of the continuum but are moderated by the regulatory environment in which we are operating.
In formulating our response, we have considered health and safety obligations, our commitment to provide service to the members. Sailing and paddling are conducted in the open air and are generally a low-density, non-contact sport. Along with all safety precautions listed above we believe that Sailing and Paddling at Woollahra Sailing Club is a relatively low risk activity. We seek to continue to provide this opportunity to our members.
In summary our position is to continue to provide services but to do so at a reduced level of activity and with greatly enhanced health and safety considerations.
Obtaining an access fob
If you require an access fob to open the gate please email [email protected]. Please provide your name and a copy of photo id and a phone number. Fobs will only be provided to members. We will need to verify membership and a $50 deposit. The Club will contact you to organise collection and payment.
Access for road trailers
The bollard that restricts access from Vickery avenue to the path at the north east of the Club is not in operation. The council requires the Club to supervise use of the bollard. It cannot be left down unsupervised as it represents a trip hazard. The Club is operating with reduced staff numbers and staff are encouraged to work from home. If you require road trailer access to the Club to remove a boat from storage please email [email protected]. We will organise access at an agreed time. This access may be via the rear gate.
Thank you for your assistance
Last updated 04:53 on 23 November 2022