The Club is operating as a storage facility only.
• Members may remove and return craft to storage.
• Comply with government regulations regarding social distancing.
• Maximum group size of 2 people.
• No rigging or unrigging in the yard.
• Move in and out of the yard rapidly. No loitering, discussions, gathering or boat work permitted.
• The Club building is closed and access to the storage yard requires member’s security access card/fob.
• There is no access to the ramp or yard for road trailers.
• No assistance can be provided by staff in the yard or on the water.
• No rescue resources are available. Use of the facilities and the harbour is conducted at your own risk!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in temporary suspension of membership!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in very significant penalties for individuals and the Club!
• Failure to comply with this policy may result in complete closure of the Club! Nobody wants to be responsible for that.
Published: 6 March 2020 – 18:00. Updated: 7 April 2020 – 14:30.
Due to the continually changing nature of the Coronavirus situation and the fluidity of the advice being provided by health authorities, we ask that you review this policy before each visit to the Club. The last update date and time is shown at the top of the document.
Woollahra Sailing Club asks all users of the facility to follow Federal and state Government advice.
For NSW Health Orders please see:
For general advice please see:
Be aware of the latest maritime advice from Transport for NSW:
For advice on travelling please see:
Requirements for members
- We mandate that you DO NOT ENTER this facility if:
- you are feeling unwell including cough or mild cold/flu like symptoms;
- you have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days;
- in the last 14 days you have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is unwell, including cough or mild cold/flu like symptoms; or
- for any other reason you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- The front door is locked and cannot be opened.
- Access is available for staff and members only via the main gate. You will require an access fob to open the gate. See below for details on obtaining a fob.
- Protect yourself and others. Follow advice from health authorities. Including:
- The Club building is closed. Do not enter. Access is available for staff only.
- Very significant fines apply to individuals and organisations that breach regulations.
“In the case of an individual, the maximum penalty is $11,000, or imprisonment for 6 months, or both and a further $5500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues. The NSW Police may also issue on-the-spot fines of $1000 for an offence.
In the case of any corporation, the maximum penalty is $55,000 and a further $27,500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues.”
If you have been diagnosed with the virus and have visited the club in the 14 days prior to diagnosis, please advise the club by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rationale for our position
There is much debate regarding the appropriate response to the virus. The focus is on where policy should fall on the continuum from mitigation to suppression (lock down). Our actions are closer to the suppression end of the continuum but are moderated by the regulatory environment in which we are operating.
In formulating our response, we have considered health and safety obligations, our commitment to provide service to the members. Sailing and paddling are conducted in the open air and are generally a low-density, non-contact sport. Along with all safety precautions listed above we believe that Sailing and Paddling at Woollahra Sailing Club is a relatively low risk activity. We seek to continue to provide this opportunity to our members.
In summary our position is to continue to provide services but to do so at a reduced level of activity and with greatly enhanced health and safety considerations.
Obtaining an access fob
If you require an access fob to open the gate please email email@example.com. Please provide your name and a copy of photo id and a phone number. Fobs will only be provided to members. We will need to verify membership and a $50 deposit. The Club will contact you to organise collection and payment.
Access for road trailers
The bollard that restricts access from Vickery avenue to the path at the north east of the Club is not in operation. The council requires the Club to supervise use of the bollard. It cannot be left down unsupervised as it represents a trip hazard. The Club is operating with reduced staff numbers and staff are encouraged to work from home. If you require road trailer access to the Club to remove a boat from storage please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will organise access at an agreed time. This access may be via the rear gate.