SheSails at WSC
Woollahra Sailing Club proudly supports SheSails campaign, created to:
– Promote and celebrate female participation in Sailing;
– Provide new and existing female sailors with the opportunity to enjoy activities at their local sailing club with like-minded people;
– Develop female focused events and programs including leadership workshops and instructor/officials’ courses for females run by females.
SheSails Club Race Officer Course — Point Woolstoncroft Sport and Rec Centre – Lake Macquarie
Sunday 6″ October 2019
SheSails Assistant Instructor Course – Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron
Saturday 2″ November 2019
SheSails Dinghy Instructor Course — Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron
Saturday 2nd — 3rd November 2019
SheSails Club Race Officer Course — Middle Harbour Yacht Club
Tuesday 31° March 2020 – Click here for more information
Summer Series – Club Championships
We are looking forward to seeing you on the water for another WSC Series and Club Championships Weekend.
We would like to remind everyone to register on line, just click on the following link: On line entry If you don’t enter we may not be able to record your details in the results.
Many thanks to the WSC Tasar fleet with Jenny Sumsion and Kirsty White who volunteered this past week and assisted with race management and course laying.
Sail Sydney – December 12-15
The Notice of Race for Sail Sydney 2019 has been released, with Woollahra Sailing Club set once again to be a hive of activity from December 12th – 15th where scores of competitors will battle it out on the waters of Sydney Harbour.
Last year’s event saw more than 300 competitors take part, with both Junior and Olympic Class fleets featuring competitors from New Zealand, Malaysia, Macedonia, Hong Kong and Holland, as well as Australia.
We are expecting another large fleet of local, national and international sailors to take part in 2019.The Notice of Race is available now.
On line registration
WSC Volunteer competence training
- Facilities – Safety Responsibilities; Winch Operation – launching On Ramp; Crane Operation – launching from Jetty; Petrol handling; Rescue Boat Prep. Facilitator – Greg Dixon
- Rescue boat operation – Safety Responsibilities; Start of Day – gear check; Radio Operation; Retrieving Sailors; Towing Boats; Race Buoys
– Anchors, Anchor Lines, Buoys; End of Day – returning gear & reporting incidents/gear repairs. Facilitators – Gaye and Martin
- Start boat & race management– Safety Responsibilities; Principles of race course setting; On-board roles and responsibilities; Laying marks for the Presiding Race Officer (PRO) by Rescue Boat (note, this is not a learn-to-run-a-race course – simply what you’ll be asked to do to support the race management) Facilitator – Dan Smith
- Basic First aid – Safety Procedures & Communications- on-water, club, ambulance, police; defibrillator locations at WSC and next nearest; resuscitation, CPR, using a defibrillator. Facilitator TBC – Member Doctor or Professional First Aid
We intend this to be a fun and informative intro to each key role. You will get hands-on, on-shore experience, receive takeaway materials to refer to when it’s your turn to volunteer, so you feel comfortable volunteering with the more experienced volunteers at the club.
The September/October school holidays are fast approaching. Checkout the great coaching clinics, learn to sail, intermediate and other holiday offerings.
Don’t forget to book next holiday camp. Book online now or contact the Club firstname.lastname@example.org / (02) 9371 9805
NSW Performance Youth Clinic
Join Dan Smith and Alex Zimmermann for our school holiday performance programs.
Dan is a five times Olympic 470 Coach, and World Youth Championship Coach.
Alex is a three times Sailing World Champion and has coached the Australian Optimist Sailing Team.
The ultimate preparation for the NSW Youth Championships 2019
Optimist transport to NSW Youth championships available on the WSC trailer . Please contact Alex at email@example.com
2019 Finn Masters Championships
Woollahra Sailing Club is proud to host the 2019 Finn Masters Championship from the 5th to the 7th of October.
Please report any hazards to our friendly staff.
Woollahra Sailing Club Cafe will open to members and public this weekend.
Sept 28: 12pm – 6pm
Sept 29: 11am – 5pm