Terms and Conditions:
- The minimum time for a sailing program is 2.5 hours .
- Only Yachting Australia certified coaches are used and whenever possible the same coaches throughout the program.
- In cases of extreme weather and/or wind, land based theory and skill sessions will still be held unless cancelled in agreement with the student, and with at least 24 hours notice.
- WSC Sailing School wind strength limits apply.
- Any cancellations made solely by the student will not be refunded by WSC. One agreed cancelled session may be made up at the end of the program.
- There is no discount for partial participation in any WSC program.
- All students are required to behave in a proper manner in line with the WSC Code of Conduct.
- Terms and conditions may change.
- Numbers of students are limited.
- All students must declare next of kin details and must supply any medical conditions to WSC prior to course commencement.
- All students must be able to swim 50m with or without a Personal Floatation Device.
- Suitable clothing must be worn for students safety which is: either a wetsuit or multiple long sleave tops, a spray jacket , closed water friendly shoes/booties/hat or beanie.
This RISK WARNING is issued jointly by Woollahra Sailing Club and NSW Maritime, pursuant to the Civil Liability Act 2002 to all persons wishing to participate in the sailing activities conducted by Woollahra Sailing Club.
Participants are warned that, regardless of the precautions, which might be taken by reasonable and experienced persons, sailing can be a dangerous pursuit and participants are exposed to significant risk of property damage, physical harm and possibly death.
As an indication, these risks may include, but are not limited to:
- The extremes of weather and sea conditions.
- The potential that control of vessels may be lost, resulting in collision with objects and other vessels.
- The sudden movement of the vessel at any time and the possibility that participants may fall or be thrown overboard, resulting in drowning.
- The possibility that participants may be injured by equipment on the vessel.
- The absence of immediate medical care and the likelihood that significant delays may occur before medical care is available.- Exposure to the elements for extended periods.
Woollahra Sailing Club and NSW Maritime also warn participants that regardless of their best intentions, they may be unable to render assistance to participants who are in distress. Participants are warned to consider the above risks and all other risks before deciding to participate in any sailing event with Woollahra Sailing Club.
Membership of WSC entitles you to personal accident insurance while participating in organized club activities.